Sometimes you know you need to step down for a moment.
Just take a step back and rest or change something in your way of living. After all these hectic months of saying goodbye to our live in Amsterdam en figuring out how living in Los Angeles works I finally feel we have settled in.
Life is never boring at the West Coast, unless you lock yourself up every night at your house 😉
But since my life finally has become more relaxed I have time to think about my way of eating again. And more important: I have to lose weight, a lot of weight.
I don’t do diets because I want to eat healthy. Now, three times a week I go for a morning walk. I’ve installed an app that tells me how many miles I’ve walked and how many calories I’ve burned.
And besides that I eat healthy and I ride my bike to 3rd Street or to Trader Joe’s and Wholefoods.
This week I decided to take another step back and skip meat this week. I don’t want to eat meat every day but it I suddenly realized it was a habit again to cook some meaty dinner every night.
So tonight is the fifth evening in a row I serve a vegetarian dinner. And I like it 🙂
Here is a frittata loaded with asparagus, spinach and green beans I cooked this week. I called it a green frittata but all the greens are hidden in the egg. But believe me, it was green and it was good!
Quick and healthy dinner. Save the leftovers for lunch because this frittata is so simple and that’s why it’s delicious. What else do you need?
A quick dinner or a healthy lunch, this frittata is perfect for spring and summer!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 bunch green asparagus, ends snapped off and cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (soy) cream
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- Heat the butter in your skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the shallot until soft, stir constantly.
- Add the salt and chiliflakes and then the asparagus, spinach and green beans. Cook them for 7 minutes, while stirring every now and then, until they're tender.
- Lightly beat the eggs and cream in a bowl and pour it in the skillet.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Wait until the eggs are almost set, they still need to be runny on top.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella and cheddar and move the skillet to the broiler.
- When the cheese is melted and browned (takes about 3 - 4 minutes) your frittata is ready.
- Serve warm with some spinach salad.
You can choose any cheese you want, blue cheese, goat cheese or parmezan, everything taste great in this Frittata!
[…] cheese, tomato and jalapeño as in my own recipe for Stuffed Zucchini or should I hide it in this Green Frittata? You already see it, I love zucchini and maybe that’s also because they are very […]
[…] kaas, tomaat en jalapeño zoals in mijn eigen recept voor Stuffed Zucchini of verdwijnen ze in deze Green Frittata? Je ziet het al, ik ben dol op courgette en dat komt misschien ook wel omdat ze lekker veelzijdig […]