Welkom! (that’s Dutch for ‘welcome’)
10 things you should know about me:
- I like to clean the kitchen sink with soft scrub. I like the actual scrubbing but most of all the shiny bright sink afterwards
- I’m the oldest of 4 and I didn’t like it having ‘so much’ siblings growing up. But now I wouldn’t want to miss them for the world.
- I’m not a native English speaker/writer (so please be nice to me ;-))
- I don’t like bell peppers, olives, mangoes, organ meat or raw tomatoes (unfortunately)
- I like grocery stores, especially abroad
- I spent 2 years in art school until I decided I’m not an artist
- I’m always trying to lose weight but I realise I will never be a thin girl (that’s not a good combination isn’t it?)
- You can wake me up at night for some good limoncello, macarons, authentic pancetta, truffle, risotto, lemon meringue pie, good quality chocolate, real butter, garlic knots, home made bread and a Dutch shrimp ‘kroket’.
- I like skirts and dresses and my flipflops. When I walk around on high heels or wedges I feel like a lady, which is nice too 😉
- I have the best husband in the world but it was never our intention to get married.
So I’m Ellen, a 35 year old Dutchie living in San Diego (California) with my husband ‘P’ and daughter Stella. Maybe you already found my Dutch foodblog inmyredkitchen.nl but on this website I will tell you all about my food and myself, living this sunny life in San Diego (and previously LA).
I’m totally into home made food and I like to make the products that you normally buy in the store myself, like tortillas, bread, pasta sauce and marinades.
I started my blog ‘in my Red Kitchen’ living in Amsterdam and cooking in a red kitchen. My LA kitchen was black, and my San Diego kitchen is white!
As you can see I’m not a native English speaker and writer but I will try my best 😉
You can contact me by sending an email: info[a]inmyredkitchen.com
Have a good one & enjoy my blog!