It’s been three years ago since I posted this home made falafel recipe on my Dutch blog. But a lot can happen in three years, and I sure learned how to take better pictures! 😉
So it was definitely time to update the photos. Same camera, same recipe… but hours of photography lessons, some new equipment (an amazing daylight lamp!) and lots of experience later I present you with… this amazing vegetarian recipe!
Falafel is one of my favorite vegetarian fast food meals. It doesn’t take a lot of time or skills to make this from scratch, and it’s even better with home made pita bread and home made garlic sauce (dice up 2 cloves of garlic and mix it with yogurt and mayonnaise, add some parsley and you’re ready to go!).
A food processor might come in handy with making falafel 😉 I bought this Hamilton Food Processor over a year ago and I still love it. I can also tell it makes the smoothest pureed baby foods 😉
My favorite vegetarian fast food!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 heaped Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp flour + extra
- 1 tsp salt
- home made pita bread, lettuce, cucumber, garlic sauce etc.
- Peel the garlic and onion and coarsely cut up the onion. Add the garlic, onion and parsley to the bowl of the foodprocessor and pulse until fine.
- Add the drained garbanzo beans, the spices, the salt and flour and pulse again until it is a course but firm puree.
- Get a plate ready and cover it in flour. Use a spoon to make flat round balls of the puree. Place the balls on the flour covered plate.
- Fry as soon as possible in 1-inch hot oil in a deep frying pan. Turn as needed, and fry them until golden brown.
- Serve the falafel in pita bread with lettuce, pickles, cucumber, tomato, garlic sauce etc.
Wow.. Looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing its recipe.