– Click here for this recipe in Dutch -> Verwen brownies –
I remember it well, the moment we told our families that I was pregnant. It turned out I wasn’t the only one, my sister K immediately told she’s also pregnant! How fun is that? We were very surprised by the news!
To celebrate all this fun baby news my sister will be surprised with a baby shower today! But unfortunately I can’t be there, so I’m celebrating from a distance. If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw we had our own baby shower last month. It was só much fun, I really hope K’s baby shower will be this great as well!
K loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups so of course I had to so something with this. I made sure my other sister S had a bag of peanut butter delivered so she could surprise K with these peanut butter cup brownies!
And the best news is? I don’t like peanut butter cups but I LOVED these brownies! The peanut butter goes so well with the soft brownies, yummy! I had to prevent myself from eating all the brownies so I packed them in a box and gave them to P so he could share them with his colleagues 😉
Dear Karen, I hope you loved your baby shower and especially that you and my little niece loved the peanut butter cup brownies! I love you and I can’t wait to meet my niece!
Here you are, this one is for you:
Delicious peanut butter cup brownies, as a surprise for my sister!
- 9 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ stick butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 12 oz peanut butter cups (miniatures)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 8 x 12 inch brownie pan with baking spray.
- Combine the chopped chocolate and butter in a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring frequently until it’s melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Get a large bowl and combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt with a rubber spatula. Stir until evenly combined.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture (if the chocolate is too warm the eggs will set!) and stir until combined.
- Add the flour and fold it in with the spatula, until just combined.
- Add the (unwrapped!) peanut butter cups (hold a handful back) and stir again just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the brownie pan and push it to the edges for an even layer. Place the remaining peanut butter cups on top.
- Bake the brownie about 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a skewer comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack and let the brownie cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut them in even 2-inch squares.